Monday 10 June 2013

Muesli and more

Probably everyone makes their own muesli, but recently I noticed this recipe on a Harraways packet and it's really good.





TOASTED MUESLI

4oog rolled oats
100g mixed nuts
40g coconut
75g mixed seeds
150mls water
100mls oil (I use rice bran oil)
1/2 tsp vanilla essence

Combine all the dry ingredients in a large shallow roasting pan. Mix wet ingredients together and pour over the dry ingredients. Bake at 190C for 20-30 minutes, stirring occasionally until crisp and golden. Add dried fruit as desired. 
Leave to cool and store in an airtight container.

Yesterday was a busy day in the garden. I planted my garlic, moved all the strawberry runners to make a new strawberry bed, plus have another bucketful to give away. I also divided up the rhubarb.


The rhubarb is what I think is a heritage plant, with the original having come from my parents place, and they had it as long as I can remember. It moves house everywhere I have been, and has been successfully given to friends and family.
When I saw a company was advertising for rhubarb crowns, that if they chose to use them would pay $1000.00, I knew that was an opportunity too good to miss, so have packaged one up ready to send today.
In the process I discovered that cat biscuit bags turned inside out make awesome courier-type bags. They are plastic coated and plain brown - perfect. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey, thanks for visiting my blog - it is just great when you leave me a comment.