Sunday 8 December 2013

Drinking Vinegar? Divine!

I had never heard of drinking vinegar until a couple of days ago when my daughter found a recipe and asked if I could make her some.
My daughter, who is 20, just loves vinegar flavoured anything and often uses cider vinegar as a dip for her fresh vegetables.
Well today we made up this recipe for Rhubarb and Ginger Drinking Vinegar and it is divine. You will find the recipe and more info about drinking vinegars here on The Skillet Chronicles.





Rhubarb and Ginger Drinking Vinegar

 It is really an interesting cordial that gets mixed with sparkling water in a 1:4 ratio. My daughter also suggested it would be very nice with ice and a shot of vodka.
I think it would make a lovely hostess or Christmas gift, with a tag with the instructions and recipe.

My Budget Book
I have always said that budget was a dirty word, but because I am naturally thrifty that has not caused me a problem. I am one of those people who can keep a mental tally roughly of income and outgoings.
But this year - my first year of living without a real job, I decided to actually write down all income and outgoings, which I have found interesting to see how well I can live within the smallish amount that I have allowed myself.
At this point I am just looking to break even in the new year. I think that's ok for the first year without trying too hard.

flourish  (flur'ish), v.i. to grow and thrive ; to live, be active; to be healthy, vigorous, successful, or prosperous; v.t. to wave, brandish; to wave about showily, to flaunt; n.the act of flourishing something; a fanfare; an ostentatious advertisement; a fanciful decorative curve or line in writing or printing

Great word - something to aspire to.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey, thanks for visiting my blog - it is just great when you leave me a comment.