Sunday 2 March 2014

Vintage Caravan Reveal

Phew, it has been a busy year so far - a lot of which was due to organizing a huge party at home for my Derek's milestone birthday.
We have finally finished the caravan, which we will need as extra accommodation, so here are some of the pix as promised.

Before







After
After

Ugly gap where an extractor fan had to be removed
Nifty cover-up using an old picture frame and a cut down bamboo blind remnant.

The party is this weekend, and I will have more photos coming, to show what I have been busy with in the past month. I have some recycled party decor, plus ideas for throwing a big bash in a reasonably environmentally friendly way. Just ask me about how to cater for 120 people (which has involved a lot of research so as to get the safest food handling techniques), and hopefully there will be a birthday cake to boot. I am going to make one that looks like a pile of old books, seeing as my Derek is a collector of old books.
Something we have recycled from my niece's wedding were these (already recycled wood) signs.




We just painted over the reception and ceremony words (have already had pointed questions from some friends, so don't want to be getting them all excited), then painted on our words with a paint pen. I haven't used one of these before - it was so easy.
After the weekend normal blog pace will be resumed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey, thanks for visiting my blog - it is just great when you leave me a comment.