Sunday 21 October 2018

Holiday Asides, Simplicious Flow, A Buzz

Hi All.

Remember before I went on holiday, I had made these passport holders from my stash of things, so they cost me nothing - I just wanted to say that they held together perfectly and were a delight to use. A win for DIY.

Another aside from my holiday..I am fond of reading magazines on the plane, but that can get to be expensive. I try to pick up reasonably new copies in our op shops before I travel, which is also more enviro friendly.
I had a laugh when I opened one to find that someone had commented in pen a few times throughout the magazine -  funny/ witty comments. I only saved one to post.


Don't be afraid to do this if you are passing a magazine on - it had me chuckling away.
Also, if you go to Dubai - a magazine will cost you an arm and a leg (I walked away without buying). A common Australian Woman's Weekly was $30NZ, and all others were even more!

Have a look at this newly-out cookbook, Simplicious Flow by Sarah Wilson, of I Quit Sugar fame.


I was impressed to see that she's dealing with the subject of food waste - giving recipes that use up all of the ingredients, plus addressing the use of plastic wrap and plastic waste. I've never seen that in a cookbook before - it's definitely different.
There are of course some great healthy recipes in there too that I'm looking forward to trying.
Oh, and look what else is in there...exciting! 


Yes, that's a mention of my little blog with my adapted recipe for Miracle Pan Grease.
You just never know what's going to happen next in this life.

5 comments:

  1. What a hoot, scribbling in magazines, I'm going to magazine bomb a few magazines in the waiting area where I work and see what happens! LOL

    Hey you getting into a cookbook! That makes you famous in my books ;)

    From Cheryl

    PS having trouble on all blogs commenting from my computer, some blogs allow me to comment as Anon...very frustrating! Can comment from my phone, but the writing is so small, I don't like to use it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes to more magazine bombing! Haha Famous?! I don't know about that Cheryl.

      Delete
  2. That's you! I recognized you before I read the tip. I can't get over, $30 for a magazine in Dubai. Imagine what a book would cost! I also think it's a splendid idea to make that jacket from an op shop blanket that would probably cost $5 - compared to the one in the magazine at $219. I hope you passed the tip on to Ms Markle while you were in London. She and Harry may need to economize a bit when the New Addition is born. Hee hee!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Strangely books weren't that much more, probably around the $60NZ mark - it would have been better economics to buy those in Dubai instead. We actually see some great coats (especially for little ones) made out of old blankets here. Great reuse I think. I suspect Meghan and Harry probably don't need that tip lol.

      Delete
  3. I will keep an eye out for that cookbook ... seems like there's some great ideas in it!! Meg😀

    ReplyDelete

Hey, thanks for visiting my blog - it is just great when you leave me a comment.