Tuesday 10 December 2013

Coastal Christmas - a Revamp

Last year we had a Pacifica themed Christmas tree - with mini flax ketes, shells, tapa cloth wrapped little parcels, and we loved the change from tinsel etc. It felt really peaceful. So this year we are going to change it up just a little - to have a "Coastal" themed Christmas.
Now I'm not going out to buy a whole lot of new decorations, so here is some of what I have been doing. The big reveal will come later.

Almost before photo - I'd just started to paint then remembered to take a photo


After

The baubles are supposed to look like mini fishing floats, and there are lots of instructions on Pinterest. But I just wanted to use what I had, so they look like they've been in the sea a while or something, not quite as I had pictured them.
miscellaneous gold decorations before


Ta daa! Fishing floats and neptunes pearls

A can of spray paint (that I already owned) can change a whole lot of random coloured ornaments into a colour theme.

Shabby old wreath before...


Transformed with spray paint, beach combings and a glue gun

Now I am busy gift wrapping. It all has to be recycled wrap for me, plus it has to look beachy and all tone in while it sits under the tree. It takes more effort, but still looks better (I think) than if it was done in a hurry with cheap paper, and is eco friendly.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey, thanks for visiting my blog - it is just great when you leave me a comment.