Thursday 12 September 2013

A Spring in my Step

Actually a good news call from my accountant put a spring in my step...off to the garden centre. We've got plenty of undeveloped garden here still, and I can't wait for it all to look gorgeously abundant.

This should keep me busy for a while.


But today it's raining, as it often does here in the North - that's how it stays so green and subtropical. So I've spent my time planting up seeds. I just have to remember to plant more, regularly, to keep the supply coming.

time well spent


I'm mostly having to buy veges at the moment and they are so expensive.
One telegraph cucumber - $4.49
Leeks - $2.29 each
Yellow Capsicum - $2.99
The broccoli, $1.99/head; lettuce $1.99; carrots and onions @ $2.50 for 1.5 kg; kiwifruit@ $1.99kg were not so bad.
That was particularly for overseas readers who might be interested.

More Inspiration from travel
There's nothing like travel for broadening horizons.
I had read an eco impact summary in the Green Ideas Magazine comparing methods of hand drying. What came out an obvious winner was the cold air 'blade' dryer, which uses high speed air 'blades' to scrape the water from your hands, meaning the air doesn't need to be heated.

Air 'blade' hand dryer -I was so impressed, I should sell these.


I got to try one at Auckland airport, as I hadn't come across them before. They use the equivalent of 3g of CO2, compared with the next best, which is cotton reel handtowel, which uses the equivalent of 9.3g every time it is used.

While I was away I checked out lots of good books at the airport bookshop, while waiting around, and at places we stayed. I wrote them down, and last night happily discovered that my library has several of them in stock, the others - I will ask if they can get them in. It might be a wee wait, but they are generally very obliging. 

This book is full of totally inspiring content - go look it  up!


I found this quote in the front of Robert Kiyosaki's book Why "A" Students Work for "C" Students - and "B" Students Work for the Government.


"When I was 5 years old my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life
When I went to school they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up - I said "happy"
They told me I didn't understand the assignment - and I told them they didn't understand life."
John Lennon

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey, thanks for visiting my blog - it is just great when you leave me a comment.