Tuesday 19 November 2013

Whananaki Baches and A Little Art

Last weekend we visited the little coastal settlement of Whananaki (pronounced far-na-nakee). It was some time since either of us had been there - it used to be my place of choice for camping every summer. 
What I love are the little old baches, beautiful bays, safe swimming, places to gather seafood and laid back casual Kiwi feel of the place.

Baches on the Estuary


The estuary, Whananaki North

My favourite - I have painted this one

Otamure Bay, Whananaki North, where the DOC campground is - just back from the dunes.

Ah, happy memories.


Paintings
I went searching for the photo of the bach painting referred to above, and when I found it, I thought I might add a few more that I had done a few years back. They are all sold now. I must get back to painting when I am not so busy hehe.
Bach Whananaki North acrylic on canvas


Frangipani acrylic on canvas

Outdoor art for fence or wall acrylic on sign board

outdoor art for fence or wall, acrylic on sign board


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey, thanks for visiting my blog - it is just great when you leave me a comment.