Thursday 30 May 2013

Incoming....pizza

We found out yesterday that lots of family are coming for the long weekend - yay!
Plans of moving my worm farm into a better residence have been shelved in favour of cleaning up the studio in preparation for use, general cleaning and food preparation.
Living out of town (only 35 mins), I try to only go in once a week, to save time, energy and petrol. So it means being prepared for surprise guests.
It's amazing how fast the days go, with slow living!
I'm making pizza for tonight, which takes a bit of effort. It's so much nicer - but probably not really cheaper in this instance.

PIZZA DOUGH

1 Tablespoon of active yeast
1/2 tsp sugar
300 mls warm water
3 cups high grade flour
1 tablespoon olive oil

1. Mix yeast, sugar and  water in a bowl. Leave in a warm place for 10 mins until frothy.
2. Mix flour and salt in a large bowl.Add yeast mix and oil. Mix to a soft dough and knead for approx 5 mins.


3. Place dough in a large oiled bowl, cover (clean tea towel will do). Stand in a warm place until doubled in size - approx 45 minutes.
4. Push fist into the middle of the dough. Knead for 1 min.
Roll out to 2 bases. I roll them fairly thin to crisp up, and they rise a bit when cooking.
Ready to go in the oven



5. Apply toppings and cook at 220 C for approx 10- 15 mins.
6. Pour self glass of red wine.


It's now 5 months since I gave up my job (happily), and I have not missed it at all, nor have i been bored. It's a pretty safe bet that it will continue to be like that. There's always so much to do - I love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey, thanks for visiting my blog - it is just great when you leave me a comment.