Wednesday 3 July 2013

Mojo

It has worried me that if I stopped working, I might lose my mojo and become lazy. For the last few days I have been alarmed that all I have wanted to do is sit around watching tv quiz shows and the like. Admittedly it is the middle of Winter, the weather has been cold and wet, and I have had achy bones and bronchitis and have been up nights coughing. Today I took an official sick day and have just got up at 1.30pm. It has been immensely enjoyable, and I have been busy doing a little sewing and watching telly without feeling guilty.

This organza flower brooch I finally finished while sitting in bed


I made these coffee sack canvases a while back, but started adding the stitched adornment today. I'm not quite sure what I think of it yet. Am still planning the second one.

Driftwood boats awaiting flags

Wooden postcards (found while junk shopping, see earlier post Small Town New Zealand)- awaiting finishing touches

Also bought while junk shopping for $3, I was going to  cover it with a coffee sack - but I don't have enough left, then thought an old sea chart, but the one's I have aren't just right, so will probably go with vintage book pages.
.
This first year of my "retirement" is to try out all of the ideas that are running amok in my head. There are a lot of them, as I see inspiration everywhere. 
I'm just great at starting things, and have oodles of unfinished projects. Hopefully putting them up here will make me finish some.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey, thanks for visiting my blog - it is just great when you leave me a comment.