Thursday 22 August 2013

Meatless Monday (on Wednesday)

We are trying to have at least one meatless night per week, in the interests of health, economy and saving the world. 
This week I decided it would be Chick Pea Patties, and they turned out amazing.


chick pea patties


I Googled a recipe, but didn't have all the ingredients, so I improvised. I will put both versions here.

Chick Pea Patties

2 x 300g cans of chickpeas (but I used 2 x 415g cans)
1/2 cup of greek yoghurt (I used 1Tbsp yoghurt, 1 tsp tahini paste, 
                                     1 Tbsp sour cream and 1 tsp tomato paste)
2 Tbsp curry powder
1 egg
1 cup fresh breadcrumbs
3 green onions ( I used 1 1/2 red onions)
1/2 cup coriander ( I used parsley)
Process in a food processor then form into patties and put them in the fridge until ready to shallow fry, a few minutes on each side.

I love having my recipes on my blog, as now they are accessible from anywhere..and as we are off to Australia next week, I might be needing them.
Phew, I am almost organised. There has been so much to do - definitely a lot more work having a housesitter in, making sure everything is clean and tidy. Even the dog got a bath today (of sorts), while tied to the lemon tree, with my foot on his lead. He hates having water poured on him - even though it was warm.
My big boy Cinderpuss - approx 12 years old. You can he's a boy because he has control of the remote!


But the housesitter will be worth it, saving the boys having to spend a fortnight in the cattery and kennels, and security for us knowing someone is in the house. Plus half of my spring cleaning is already done.
So no blogs for 2 weeks and I hope to have lots of new and interesting things to blog about when I get back. Bye for now. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey, thanks for visiting my blog - it is just great when you leave me a comment.