Thursday 13 June 2013

A Test for Oil and Vinegar

The oil and vinegar test is not about salad dressing - although if it hadn't worked that's what it could have become.
I have borrowed a book called "Vinegar 100's of Household Uses" by Maria Constantino & Gina Steer. Sometimes when I see these old remedies I think - yeah, but how well do they work. So I decided to give this the photo test, on an old coffee table top that is marked with cup rings. 

before

after


The tip was to use half and half of white vinegar and olive oil mixed together, wiped on, with the grain, as opposed to scrubbing in circles. To start with I thought it wasn't going to work, but after coming back to it after an hour it looked, not perfect but a lot better...see photos.


AUNT GRACE'S RULES...EVERYDAY

I have had this written in my journal for quite some time, and unfortunately didn't write the source, so if anyone reading it recognizes it, please let me know so that i can attribute it appropriately.

1. Do something for someone else

2. Do something for myself

3. Do something I don't want to do that needs doing

4. Do a physical exercise

5. Do a mental exercise

6. Do an original prayer that always includes counting my blessings.
    (In my own interpretation it is think of something I am grateful for daily)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey, thanks for visiting my blog - it is just great when you leave me a comment.